With An Avant Garde Affair coming up on November 15, here are a few reasons why you don’t want to miss this year’s celebration of Horizons Colorado and its 25 years of positive impact!
10. Meet like-minded community members, seeing old friends and making new ones, as we celebrate 25 years of transformational programming for our Horizons Colorado students!
9. Participate in the fun, as expert auctioneer Ian Lindsay returns this year to dazzle and entertain.
8. Jump into the games and win incredible prizes, including wine, gift cards, Broncos tickets, and a few surprises. New this year—Punch-a-Prize! Take a chance to win some great swag!
7. Immerse yourself in our Avant Garde theme and see first-hand how the extraordinary Alison Gile and our amazing decor team transform the West Gym into a celebration of the arts. Plus, on display this year will be a donated art piece and auction item by up-and-coming Colombian artist and digital creator, Jacqueline Brandwayn.
6. Take a chance on Heads or Tails to win a one-night staycation at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, the longest-running Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond Resort in the world. Included are tickets to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and a Broadmoor gift card.
5. Bid on incredible live auction items, including a villa in Tuscany, a one-week stay at the Montage Los Cabos, an Under Canvas getaway at the brand-new Yellowstone location, and a private dinner in your home with celebrity chef Biju Thomas, host of The Road Less Eaten. Did we mention a chance to cheer on the Nuggets and Avalanche in style?
4. Pay tribute to Jenny Leger and Ingrid Moore, two incredible former Executive Directors, who left extraordinary and long-lasting legacies. We will also honor this year’s Horizons Hero of the Year, Maribeth Younger.
3. Savor the flavorful food and fantastic wine and spirits generously provided by several CA family-owned restaurants and our wine and cocktail purveyors. New additions this year include Panzano and Charcuter-Marie, plus bites and sips from all your returning favorites. A special thank you to Adrian Simon and Matt Crouse for making it happen!
2. Prepare for a moving story from one of our Horizons alumnae, recounting how her involvement with Horizons has touched her, her family, and her community.
1. Know that EVERY DOLLAR raised on event night goes directly to the Horizons program, funding 40% of the annual operating budget. Your support ensures another incredible year of programming for our Horizons students throughout the year and during our six-week summer enrichment program. You are guaranteed to feel good about making a difference!