Parents with Last Child Graduating from Colorado Academy,
We are so appreciative for all you have given to CA and honor you by sharing some of your memories of your time as parents at CA. Whether your family was new in Upper School, or started in Pre-K, the memories you share inspire us all!
- Writing ABBA parodies for First Grade teachers and watching the kids dancing on the tables, singing the songs at the end of the year
- Staying up until 3 a.m. for the after-party to prom; it was so fun to see the kids dressed up in adult clothes when they came in, and then reverting to their younger kid clothes for the after-party!
- Remembering how easy it was to jump right in and volunteer, and when asked to co-chair the Art Show, a fellow parent saying that she felt like I had always been at CA, and how I felt it, too!
- Fifth Grade historical figures project with kids dressing up for presentation of Sam Houston and Barbara Jordan, in full Texas attire, and sporting a fake handlebar mustache, and shopping for “business suit” for Barbara Jordan
- Fond memories include those actions of other students–the development of wonderful individuals in the community
- Seeing the impressive students on the panel for incoming Freshmen, and realizing the CA kids are amazing!
- Third Grade celebration of Cinco de Mayo
- Halloween parades, homecoming festivities, holiday concerts, art night, sports, Horizons benefits, live concert benefits
- Appreciating the people that saw the potential in my child 16 years ago
- Seeing my children take piano and band lessons, explore their artistic talent, grow their respective athleticism, to be embraced and encouraged to march to the beat of their very own drums
- Dropping off my girls for the first day of school for all 12 years–from the first years of emotional drop-offs to Senior year and seeing them with their classmates!
- The school spirit and traditions of Seniors welcoming the Freshmen on the first day of school
- Participating in athletics, seeing my daughter play volleyball and transition from player to manager, and how the team always made her part of the team, no matter her role! Coach Bob is amazing!
- Joining as a Freshman and the warm welcome from fellow Field Hockey families, such a wonderful way to begin the year!
- The supportive student community–impressed with how well they get along and support each other
- Being moved by the theater productions at CA
- Cheering the CA Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Tennis and Cross Country teams with other parents
- Being a part of the Headmaster search, and realizing that the school was aligned with what we were looking for in the Head of School–Mike Davis exceeded our expectations and is an important reason why CA continues to flourish today
- Appreciative of teachers, coaches, and administrators who have supported, challenged, and loved my children
- Every snowy evening, getting asked by my children’s friends if it was going to be a snow day!
- Watching my children find their passions–singing and science, photography and athletics, and Innovation Lab and being on CLT
- The large gatherings–Giant Relay Day, auctions–the energy of a bunch of CA parents getting together
- Attending semi-final and State Championship games as a family
- Remembering my newly minted Freshman comment about missing Middle School–when your child loves Middle School, you know you found the right choice!
- Participating in the 2017 Boys Soccer season that led to the State Final, and an upset finish for the CA Mock Trial Team at State
- Seeing each child leave the house as an excited rising Senior, dressed as a lifeguard, jungle explorer, and race car driver to welcome the incoming Freshman class.
- Decorating the classrooms for Halloween and Valentine’s Day
- Interim trips and inspiration from Mr. T
- Lower School prairie days and churning ice cream
- Girls State Soccer Championship 2019!
- Fond memories of Mrs. Li, patiently teaching piano lessons
- Girls State Field Hockey Championship!
- Pre-K memories, playing on the big tree next to the Pre-K with their friends while parents chatted–making lifelong friends
- Dr. Davis’s rock band performance at assembly
- Baseball seasons and helping to build a new CA baseball facility
- Seeing my kids participate in things we would never have considered–rock climbing, sewing and ski making, giving away $500 with Student Philanthropy Board, going to Haiti and Senegal
- Seeing Nathaniel Rateliff in concert from eight feet away–(Best Concert Ever!)
- These years have felt like a dream!
As parents, you have given so much to the school during your time at CA. We want to honor your role as parent volunteers for all you’ve given back to the community! Thank you for sharing your time and talents!
PARENT VOLUNTEER ROLES:
• Wreath and Garland Sales
• Anything related to books and food! (Cookie Exchange, Book Club, Used Book Sale.. )
• Favorite times were working with art department and annual art show
• Supporting the kids’ sports activities
• Cooking class in Lower School Spanish making guacamole and flour tortillas
• Homecoming booths
• Bringing food for teacher conferences
• Lower School classroom parties
• Math and spelling volunteer
• Field trips in Lower School
• Arts Around!
• Walking the little ones to and from campus buildings
• Board of Trustees
• Admissions Tours
• Horizons program
• Class lead (room parent)
• AP Proctoring for grateful seniors!
• Students HOPE
• Supporting mock trial and sports teams with banquets, snacks and transportation
• Dressing up as Minion to sell wrapping paper
• Faculty and Staff Appreciation co-chair
We couldn’t have done it without you!!
Read more from PA President Jill Rakowski: PA President expresses appreciation, passes the gavel
|PARENTS WITH LAST CHILD GRADUATING FROM COLORADO ACADEMY|
|Michael & Elizabeth Abbott||Abbott||Kenzie|
|Barrett & Kristin Baker||Baker||Charlie|
|Mark & Suzanne Beall||Beall||Kendall|
|Levent & Nuray Gun||Bilir||Jasmine|
|Jim* & Karen Cannon||Cannon||Phoebe|
|Collis & Anne Chandler||Chandler||Paul|
|Roger & Ingrid Cohen||Cohen||Brandon|
|Jeff Cramer & Pam Miller||Cramer||Juliet|
|Mike & Thomassen Davis||Davis||George|
|Bruce & Allison Dodge||Dodge||Andersen|
|Bob Doherty & Karen Onderko||Doherty||Camille|
|John Dorgan & Laura Hollingsworth||Dorgan||Willa|
|John & Kathy Fenley||Fenley||Evan|
|Chris & Liz Fuselier||Fuselier||Grace|
|Dan & Karen Gerash||Gerash||Will|
|Chris & Jocalyn Greene||Greene||Ella|
|Sergio Hernandez & Mary Ramirez||Hernandez||Sergio|
|Kerry & Ronit Hicks||Hicks||Kole|
|Gary & Leslie Howard||Howard||Lexi|
|Gary & Leslie Howard||Howard||Genevieve|
|Tom & Tami Jorden||Jorden||Lilly|
|David & Elizabeth Kaleugher||Kaleugher||Alexandra|
|Mark & Denise Kay||Kay||Nate|
|Brian & Lisa Klingbeil||Klingbeil||Aidan|
|Jeff & Kia Kofron||Kofron||Cooper|
|Jorge Labra & Gloria Vergara||Labra||Brian|
|Charles & Jena Lewinsohn||Lewinsohn||Henry|
|Jeff Lewis & Missy Larson-Lewis||Lewis||Jack|
|CT Lin & Esther Langmack||Lin||Avery|
|Jonathan & Joan Marks||Marks||Ella|
|Jorge & Leticia Marquez||Marquez||Jorge|
|Michael & Meghan Martinez||Martinez||Olivia|
|Brian Thomson & Janet Moore||Moore-Thomson||Sammy|
|Roberto Parra & Sandra Estrada||Parra||Seb|
|Gilberto & Hilda Ramirez||Ramirez||Nancy|
|Doug & Diane Robinson||Robinson||Matt|
|Scott & Kristin Russell||Russell||Haley|
|Bob Ryu & Kirsten Lock-Ryu||Ryu||Holden|
|J.H. & Sue Sava||Sava||Eva|
|Tyler & Nicole Sherman||Sherman||Remy|
|Kevin & Marcie Taylor||Taylor||Quinn|
|Daniel Torres-Juarez & Juana Rivera-Lugo||Torres||Dani|
|Julie Wolf and Wes Williams||Wolf Williams||Tyler|
|Spencer & Sheila Zinn||Zinn||Holden|