The Colorado Academy Class of 2021 overcame the hurdles presented by a pandemic during their Senior year and distinguished themselves with their commitments to play collegiate sports at the Division I and Division III levels.
On April 29, Director of Athletics Bill Hall honored the Division III athletes and thanked the coaches, teachers, advisors, and parents who helped them achieve success. He praised the student-athletes for their achievements, not just in competitive sports, but also in the classroom, Jazz Band, REDI Lab, HOPE, Portfolio Art Shows, Choir, and on Community Leadership Teams.
Proud parents stood on the sidelines of the event, as Head of School Dr. Mike Davis reminded the students how much parents do to support all aspiring athletes. He described the students’ achievement as a “testament to your dedication during high school.”
Hall recognized each athlete who will go on to play a Division III collegiate sport.
- Chloe Brants will play field hockey at Tufts University.
- Julia Hall will play field hockey at Phillips Academy.
- Rebecca Kerr will play lacrosse at Denison University.
- Jayden Lozano, who is a homeschooled student, will play soccer at Virginia Military Institute.
- Finn McCoy will play lacrosse at Hamilton College.
- Aaron Rice will play soccer at Carleton College.
- Clark Steinhauser will play tennis at Pitzer College.
- Luke Wharton will play soccer at Carleton College.
Hall also acknowledged students who signed letters earlier in the school year to compete at the Division I level:
- Jessie Bakes, who attends D’Evelyn High School, will play lacrosse at Brown.
- Spencer Harvey will play lacrosse at Colgate.
- Katharine Merrifield will play lacrosse at University of Michigan.
- Maya Pellegrini will play soccer at University of Portland.
- Maya Rutherford will play lacrosse at University of Michigan.
Congratulations to all these outstanding young scholars and athletes!
To download a full-size image, hover on the photo and right click. Select “Save Link As” and choose a location on your computer. At this time, you cannot download the images on a mobile device.