Creating curious, kind, courageous, and adventurous learners and leaders.
What Guides Our Work:
1. We foster courage: exploring new challenges in academics, athletics, the arts, and experiential learning.
2. We nurture curiosity: the foundation of lifelong, creative discovery.
3. We choose kindness: engaging graciously in an inclusive, joyful community.
4. We encourage understanding: listening to others and acting ethically, with integrity and respect.
5. We embrace inclusivity: working through education to create empathy and compassion.
6. We promote habits of health, both physically and mentally, strengthening resilience and confidence.
7. We believe in a dynamic response to the needs of an ever-changing world.
8. We inspire thoughtful individuals who are ready to transform the future.
Dear CA Community:
At the first Board meeting of the 2019-2020 school year, our Trustees unanimously voted in favor of the wording contained in Colorado Academy‘s new mission statement (above), a statement that the community has had a hand in writing and refining over the past couple years.
Author and educator Stephen Covey once said, “A mission statement is not something you write overnight, but fundamentally, your mission statement becomes your constitution, the solid expression of your vision and values…” and, I feel that is exactly what we have articulated.
In multiple sessions with students, faculty, staff, trustees, parent meetings and LISTEN tours, and outreach to alumni and their parents, various constituents have provided input, and we worked to incorporate as many suggestions and thoughts as possible in this, our new statement.
In taking this action, the board provided its rationale in the following resolution.
WHEREAS, Colorado Academy works to be a community that intentionally lives its mission every day, and
WHEREAS, Colorado Academy has worked for the past two years to update its mission statement language, more clearly defining the school’s mission and guiding values, and
WHEREAS, Colorado Academy’s faculty, staff, trustees, parents, alumni, and students have provided input into the language and the rewriting process, and
WHEREAS, this process has been a thoughtful and reflective process as part of the school’s reaccreditation by the Association for Colorado Independent Schools, and
WHEREAS, the updated Mission Statement has been vetted with all CA constituents and CA has incorporated constituent feedback;
BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED: That the Board of Trustees approves the following language as the school’s new Mission Statement and guiding values, and instructs the school to implement its official use from here forward.
I want to thank all those who have spent time in thought, who have engaged in this process and who care deeply about the school and what it stands for.