It’s only November, and Colorado Academy’s Class of 2019 has already set an impressive standard. Seven seniors—7 percent of the senior class—will play collegiate sports with Division I teams. On November 14, family, faculty, coaches, and friends of these athletes celebrated their official National Letter of Intent signing.
Head of School Dr. Mike Davis greeted everyone who had gathered at CA’s Campus Center and congratulated the students, whom he called “student leaders in the best sense of the word.”
“I want to acknowledge the parents of these students who contributed to their success,” Davis said. “I also want to acknowledge our amazing coaching staff who have played a key role in the success these students have experienced in their athletic careers.”
Director of Athletics Bill Hall reminded the Seniors that younger students at CA look up to them and emulate their behavior. “Whether you win or you lose, you have been a class act,” Hall said. “You watched those CA athletes who came before you, and you raised the bar even higher, which creates great opportunities for those who are coming after you.”
Hall also recognized each individual student who signed a National Letter of Intent:
- Mari Annest will play soccer for Northwestern University.
- Conner Brook will play lacrosse for Colgate University.
- Michael Colpack, Jr. will play lacrosse for Marquette University.
- Catie Groves will play soccer for the University of Richmond.
- Caroline Jordaan will play golf at the University of Denver.
- Sloane Murphy will play lacrosse at the University of Southern California.
- Graham Osman will play baseball at Arizona State University.
To download a full-size image, hover on the photo and right click. Select “Save Link As” and choose a location on your computer. At this time, you cannot download the images on a mobile device.